Thank you for using Geocaching4Locus. Probably you have a lot of questions about this Locus Map add-on. These websites were created for you and we hope you will find the answers here. But if you did not found the answers here or if you had another questions, do not hesitate to ask in the Locus Map Helpdesk or directly via e-mail.
This add-on is fully working with a premium membership only.
Basic members are able to download traditional, event and CITO geocaches. Unfortunately the last change made at January 18, 2016 on Grounspeak side caused returning back the limitation for downloading full geocache details for up to 3 geocaches per day for basic members. The Geocaching4Locus add-on do not want to restrict basic members with this limitation. That mean, the listing, hint, images, logs and trackables can't be downloaded*. As a workaround for missing listing, the add-on place a geocache webpage to listing tab, but you have to be on-line to load that webpage. Hint and logs are in the same webpage.
* Logs and trackables can be downloaded for off-line usage later with Update cache action in a geocache detail dialog.
Premium members does not have this limitation and full geocache details are stored off-line.
Membership type comparison table
|Features \ Membership type||basic membership||premium membership|
|Full geocache details||Not available||6.000 per day|
|Basic geocache details||10.000 per day1||10.000 per day|
|Live map geocaches||10.000 per day1||10.000 per day|
|Live map geocaches with hint||Not available||6.000 per day|
|List of logs||Retrieved separately2||Yes|
|Geocache attributes||Not available||Available|
|Attached images||Not available||Available|
|Geocache type filter||Not available||Available|
|Container type filter||Not available||Available|
|Terrain rating filter||Not available||Available|
|Difficulty rating filter||Not available||Available|
- Only basic geocache details are available, which includes geocache webpage in a listing tab at Locus Map (it needs to be on-line to load that webpage). Hint is present in that webpage too.
- Logs are retrieved after selecting Update cache or Download logs in a geocache detail dialog at Locus Map. Logs are also available in a listing tab of course, but you have to be on-line too.
All above limitations are from Geocaching.com / Groundspeak side. If you want to use all benefits from premium membership, see Premium Membership feature on Geocaching.com website.
Tip: If you decide to purchase premium membership, try to find the local resellers in your country. In most cases they are cheaper than direct buying at Geocaching.com website. Also Groundspeak are offering 50% discount in spring for members who have basic membership. This also works for members, who had premium membership before. Just make sure you have a basic membership in this time, otherwise you will not able to use this discount. We announce this offer every year via our Facebook and Google Plus page, so don't forget to subscribe us.
Warning: If you are signed in as a user with basic membership account and you now became a premium, the add-on does not recognize this change. So please perform Sign out and Sign in again in the add-on preferences to fix this problem.
Geocaching4Locus dashboard can be started several ways. Either from the App list or directly from Locus Map application. The Import GC, Nearest, Import bookmarks and also button for this dashboard is possible to add into Locus Map panel for a quick access.
Buttons in the dashboard from left side:
- Live map – Activates or deactivates support for direct displaying of geocaches on the map without importing them.
- Import GC – Show a dialog for entering geocache GCxxxxx code to import geocache into Locus Map.
- Nearest – Open a dialog for searching nearest geocaches around the coordinates.
- Import bookmarks – Show a window for for importing from bookmarked caches (for premium members only).
- Preferences – Open an add-on “preferences”.
- Manual – Show this manual after touching on the button.